One of the main questions I get from all of you is about health insurance in Mexico. And it makes sense- medical insurance is one of those intangibles we buy because it’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
So, in this video, I am joined by Brett Lamar from Expat Insurance so you can learn more about your health insurance options in Mexico.
In this video, you will learn:
- How is health insurance priced in Mexico- what variables go into the cost of the premium?
- International insurance vs Mexican private health insurance. Is it more expensive to buy one vs the other?
- Why having an agent/broker as your contact is important. They help you understand your benefits and in an emergency, can also help you with the claims department at a hospital.
- Some of the costs in Mexico if you self-insure and pay out of pocket. Is having health insurance really worth it?
- Why having a Mexican residency matters when getting private health insurance? And what you can do if you are a tourist only.
- Is a medical evacuation plan good enough? Are they too good to be true?
You may also be interested in reading another blog post where I explain a lot of the nuances of health insurance in Mexico from Mexican carriers.