Mexico gets an unfair amount of negative press. Although most of its citizens live in peace, most of the country’s crime is related to organized crime like the cartels. Regardless, if you’ve ever heard about Mexico, you’ve probably also heard it’s unsafe.
But I want to shed some light on this topic because even though crime does exist, and Mexico is not perfect, many feel that it’s a peaceful and inviting place to live.
You may be particularly worried if you’re a single woman. After all, single women tend to be the easiest targets in movies and crime documentaries. But I want to give you some peace of mind that Mexico is just as safe a place to live as a single woman as is most parts of the U.S. or Europe. So, to give you some perspective, I interviewed a single woman in her 50s who moved from Florida to San Miguel de Allende a few years ago.
Robin, an expat who chose to move to Mexico in 2019, shared her experience on whether she feels safe living alone in Mexico? Robin is also one of our recommended private relocation tour guides who can show you around San Miguel de Allende and the surrounding areas to decide if living here is right for you!
Topics We Covered In Our Q&A
In her interview, she covered:
- Why she chose to live in San Miguel de Allende
- Direct flights from Leon and Queretaro to the U.S. in under 2 hours
- Does she travel along throughout Mexico?
- Tips for Single Women Who Move to Mexico
- Does she feel safe in Mexico as a single woman?
- Does she plan to ever go back to the U.S.?
- How she found her rental
- Healthcare in Mexico
- How living in Mexico gives her a path to early retirement
- What her private relocation tours include
- AND MORE
Watch the full replay of her interview