Marc, Kathleen, and their two young children have always been an adventurous family. Having lived in Chile at one point, they are no strangers to living abroad. So, when they started looking at places where they could afford to live on their savings and investments to spend more time as a family, Puerto Vallarta kept coming up in their research.
They knew they wanted to live near a beach to spend more time outdoors because they always dreamt of living like their beloved Valparaiso, Chile. That’s how they found Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Their plans to move took about 5-6 weeks, and in November of 2022, they made the move. They sold almost everything they owned, packed whatever fit in their car, and drove from Toronto to Puerto Vallarta in days.
Today, Kathleen, Marc, and their two kids are blown away by their new Mexican lives. The kindness of the Mexican people and the rich culture of Mexico have captivated their hearts, and they spend more time as a family now than ever before. To say they LOVE Living in Puerto Vallarta is an understatement.
Check out their video interview to learn:
- Why they like or dislike Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
- Their cost of living in Puerto Vallarta in relation to their COL in Toronto
- How they deal with the heat of the summer in Puerto Vallarta
- Why they recommend moving during the off-season.
- How they found their spacious 2 bed 1 bath rental for $22,000 MXN/Month
- What their families back home think about their move to Mexico.
- The conveniences of living in a central area and walkable neighborhoods.
- How they have found a community they didn’t have in Toronto.
- What it’s like to raise kids in Puerto Vallarta
- What kinds of activities are available for their kids in Puerto Vallarta.
- And so much more!