Gina and Mark moved to Queretaro, Mexico, in 2022. Mark retired, and Gina continues working remotely for an IT firm in Healthcare.
In this video, they talk about their reasons for wanting to retire in Mexico and why they ended up in Queretaro.
They also covered the following:
- Why they feel more at home in Mexico than the U.S.
- How culturally different the people of Mexico are.
- Their cost of living in Queretaro and the app they use to keep track.
- How they live on about $2600 USD a month.
- Why they rent short-term rentals on Airbnb.
- Tips for finding the right Airbnb.
- Why living near centro is ideal for people wanting to walk everywhere.
- Surprises they have learned along the way.
- How they fund their lifestyle.
- Their advice for people driving to Mexico.
- Do they feel safe living in Mexico?
- The benefits of getting residency sooner than later
- And so much more!
Gina and Mark plan to travel to 30 cities across Mexico before nailing down which place feels right.