In one of my recent Live Interviews, I met with Pat. An American expat who moved to Mexico 16 years ago and now lives in Puerto Vallarta.
Pat runs a small business named Pat’s Plates. Full concierge service helps you get your driver’s license in Mexico, register your recently purchased vehicle in Mexico the right way, and also helps to extend your temporary import permit for your foreign plated car. Not only is Pat incredibly knowledgeable about the procedures in Mexico to make sure you are driving around legally, but he also has a lot of great tips and advice to ensure your safety when driving in Mexico.
Pat’s Plates focuses on Puerto Vallarta. If you’d like help finding a facilitator in another part of Mexico, we have a list of them all over the country. Check out our Complete Mexico Relocation Course
We give you access to our network of contacts for immigration, real estate, driver’s licenses, registration, pet services, and more.
In this interview, you will learn:
- What services Pat offers foreigners and why you should hire a service like his.
- What a temporary import permit is and why you’d need one to drive in Mexico
- What the dangers are around bribing local cops when you get stopped.
- Why having a Mexican driver’s license can help you out.
- Why some people have trouble extending their temporary import permits
- Driving in Mexico- common mistakes newcomers make that cause accidents
- Why people move to Puerto Vallarta and how its different than other beach towns
- Emergency Services for people with limited Spanish
- AND SO MUCH MORE
Watch the full replay
One of the benefits of being a Mexico Relocation Guide customer is having access to people like Pat – who offer services to expats moving to Mexico. Take the guesswork out of moving to Mexico and see what’s included in our Mexico Relocation Course.