When Armelle moved from California to Mexico in 2020, she didn’t expect that she would love living in Guadalajara so much.
The kindness of the people, the culture, the history, the landscape, and the affordability in a single place was something Armelle wasn’t used to. Coming from the U.S. she felt that the sense of community was a thing of the past. And being brought up in a French culture it was almost always normal for her that people would not be friendly most of the time.
But when she moved to Mexico she felt that the people and the culture brought humanity back into her life.
And even though she originally came to Mexico to retire early, she found a new adventure in her new online business- This Week in Guadalajara. A site that helps people learn about all the events happening in and around Guadalajara. The site is in English and is consistently updated with the latest in free and paid events.
In this video about Living in Mexico, Armelle shares
- Why she thinks living in Guadalajara is a best-kept secret
- Why she started an online business
- Why she recommends certain parts of Guadalajara
- Her experience with Mexican people and some of her culture shocks
- What she doesn’t like about Mexico
- What she loves about living in Mexico
- How the people of Mexico make you feel welcomed
- Her advice on medical care in Mexico for expats
- How affordable living in Mexico actually is
- Why she doesn’t think she’ll move back to the U.S.
- Why she wants people to STOP being afraid of Mexico
- Her advice for new expats moving to Mexico.
Hire Armelle To Be Your Relocation Guide
Armelle not only knows Guadalajara really well but is extremely excited to be one of our recommended private relocation tour guides!
If you’ve been thinking about moving to Guadalajara, check out our private relocation tours. Either Armelle or one of our other recommended relocation tour guides in Guadalajara can show you what it’s truly like to live here like a local. Plus, there is NO agenda to sell you any real estate, timeshares, or any additional services.
Check out our Mexico relocation tours page to find out more.