Learn some of the most important things you should know when renting or buying a house in Mexico. That way you can avoid the common mistakes that others have made.
One of our recommended real estate agents in the Lake Chapala area- shares her knowledge about renting or buying a house in Mexico. Some of the information she shares is specific to the Lake Chapala area. However, a lot of it applies in general to wherever you move to in Mexico.
In this video Q&A we cover:
- What the rental market is like in Lake Chapala is like
- Questions you should ask when renting
- What is normally covered in terms of repairs
- Why you should hire a rental agency
- Tips on finding the perfect rental
- Common mistakes new expats make when renting in Mexico
- How to ensure you find a reputable realtor
- Renters Insurance- Is it common?
- Process of renting a property in Mexico
- What you can expect when buying a house in Mexico?
- Who is a Notario in the Real Estate world? Why are they so important?
- Capital gains exemptions
- Why you need an RFC for capital gains exemption
- Property taxes
- and more
Watch the full live Q&A replay here
If you would like access to our recommended realtors across Mexico, check out our COMPLETE Mexico Relocation Course. We include contact information to the most reputable and trustworthy professionals- Saves you the time and hassle of having to spend hours of research.